Brestanica is a small town in Posavje, where you can find the Kozmus Hostel, which offers accommodation in rooms with two to eight beds, and has a total capacity of 54 beds.
Along with accommodation, the hostel’s amenities also include a day bar, garden, terrace and a shared kitchen. Guests get breakfast, and free wireless internet is available.
The hostel is an excellent starting point for hiking, cycling, and other outdoor activities. There are spas in the vicinity, a climbing wall in Armeško and numerous opportunities for active holidays, such as water sports, fishing, riding, a hammer throw field and other sports fields.
- For cyclists: hire of a guide and electric bikes, marked cycling trails, room for storing bikes.
- Programme organisation: with experienced trainers, your hosts can prepare programmes of one or several days tailored to your needs and wishes. These may include sports activities, sightseeing, games and a presentation of the sports career of Primož Kozmus, an Olympic gold medallist in hammer throwing. In the winter months, they help to organise activities in the indoor gym.
Explore the highest peaks in the Posavje region, the wine-producing hills, and nearby places such as Brežice, Kostanjevica na Krki, Sevnica, Krško, or choose some other activities in nature.
- Hike to Bohor (1023 m) on the long route (3 hours), where you can see four waterfalls and the Partisan hospital.
- e wine-producing area of Sremič with the Church of St. Mohor and a wonderful view of Brestanica, the castle hill and River Sava (30-minute walk from the hostel).
- Take a walk to the ponds in Stolovnik (30 minutes)
54 beds in 2 to 8 bed rooms
day bar, garden, terrace and a shared kitchen
spa, climbing, hammer throwing, cycling, indoor gym, water sports, fishing, riding
Offer for hikers
programmes of one or several days tailored to your needs and wishes